Best Practices for Blog SEO
What Is Blog SEO?
Blog SEO is the mode of optimizing a blog’s content, site structure and HTML code for search engines. Switch2us as an SEO company from India performs the tasks of on-page optimization, installing plug-in, improving page loading speed and internal linking for clients globally.
Why is Blog SEO necessary?
Search engines bring in a lot of traffic for blogs. Most bloggers consider SEO as their 2nd most important source of traffic after social media.
You reading our blog right now is living proof of the power of SEO. You can also get traffic from Twitter, LinkedIn, emails, and Facebook with a good following or through ads. Adding SEO to the marketing plan can take you further. Without blog SEO, the site’s growth can be significantly slower.
Keep reading to learn some tested SEO tips from the Switch2us Digital Experts-
Find the hero Keyword for each post
- Optimize blog posts around one main keyword. Google and other search engines get confused with multiple keywords and fail to understand the content category. With 1 hero keyword, Google Bots easily detect post subject. For new blogs concentrate more on long-tail keywords as they have less competition.
Optimize Your Blog Post
- Try not to crowd the writing with keyword a million times on your page. ‘Keyword stuffing’ can do more harm than good for your website. Instead, intelligently place the main keyword/ key phrase on the page.
- Include your keyword in the blog post title and page title tag.
- Mention it in the blog post intro and conclusion. These are the two key areas that help a bit with on-page SEO.
Setup SEO Plug-in
- Most of the website hosting spaces like Wix, Squarespace, Shopify, and WordPress claim to be “SEO friendly”. But adding some form of an SEO plugin or extension is crucial. Yoast SEO, All in One SEO and RankMath are among the options you can choose.
- Switch2us as an SEO company operating from India does the work to set up SEO Plugins for our clients.
- This helps to optimize title, description tags and create a sitemap.
- With the plugins, the site is structured to be SEO-friendly.
Use shorter URLs
- Long URLs aren’t suitable for SEO. Shorter URLs have higher Google rankings.
- Create short, custom URLs for every post as there are options available to edit.
Write Unique Meta Descriptions
- Remember to write a custom Meta description for every post that you publish on your blog. You may ask what meta-description is. It is the text below search engine result links giving information about the web page content.
- If you don’t write it yourself, Google will do the task for you but it may not contain the keyword or the right introduction to attract the reader.
- A well-written description will encourage users to click on the blog link.
Internal Link Between Posts
- Do you ever feel the old blog posts have stopped getting views? Users may not scroll down on the website to read other posts. So here is a solution!
- First, add 5-10 internal links to your new post. These links should lead to older posts on the site.
- Second, update these older posts with new information and related links to other write-ups on the website.
With the help of an SEO partner, like Swith2us, you can easily navigate through SEO-friendly content marketing. Our trained staff constantly monitors the website to make it better and rank higher on Search Engines. Get in touch to book your consultation with us today!